Monday, May 24, 2010

Should I be offended?

In the past two weeks all 3 kids have been invited to 2 birthday parties. The first one we couldn't go to because of a family get together but we still dropped off a gift. When we dropped off the gift the boys were both given goody bags, but Keira was not. And then today they were all at a party and once again the boys were handed goody bags on the way out and nothing was given to Keira.
Now I know the stuff in the goody bags was not age appropriate for Keira but couldn't something small have been given to her? I also know that she probably doesn't know any different being only 19 months old, but her brothers see that she doesn't get anything and I wonder what they think.

Should I be offended?

1 comment:

  1. I think it's kind of weird that she was ignored, especially since she was invited, and I can't imagine why if the hostess invited her she didn't pick up something age appropriate to give her. I guess if it happens again you could say in an off-hand manner, "Nothing for Keira?" As far as your guys are concerned, it might be a good teaching moment especially if they noticed she was left out. You could ask them how they feel seeing her left out and how they might feel if they were in the same spot. I guess you could see if they volunteer to pick out something from their bags that she could have to give to her. I don't know, just some thoughts.

    ReplyDelete