Friday, July 9, 2010

Summer is here

Just a quick update about the birthday party I last posted about: Keira did get a goody bag, so nothing had to be said.

We have already had 2 weeks of summer and before I know it September will be here and the summer will have flown past me so quickly. The first "official" day of summer (the day after Dylan's last day of school) started off rough with all 3 of them fighting, whining, or screaming. But luckily, for both them and me, things have gotten a bit better. We have been running errands, a weekly trip to the library, and a visit down to Aunt Jaime's because it has been WAY TOO HOT to do anything outdoors this past week. The other day on the way home from Aunt Jaime's the temp reading on my car was 108!! Next week it is supposed to be in the 90s again, UGH!

Wednesday was Aidan's 4th birthday. Wow, is all I can say that he is already 4. I am really excited for him to start preschool in September as I think both he and I need it. He is not a very good listener when I talk to him and I am hoping that he does better with that at school and it comes home with him. Today we are off to his 4 year well visit and hope he does well with the shots he has to get.

While we are at the doctor's I am going to have the doctor look at Keira because she has had a rash on her back and in the crook of her arms and legs that was really bad back at the beginning of June and has gotten better but hasn't gone away completely. I think it might just be heat rash but would like to have the doctor look at it for reassurance. It doesn't really bother her but I do notice in the morning when I get her dressed that she must scratch at it during the night because there are scabs on her upper back. I have been using Aveeno lotion on it and that seems to help.

Yesterday my mom and I went for a massage (it was my Mother's Day gift---quite a nice one) and it was so relaxing. But later in the day I was a bit sore in my shoulder area and sides. Not sure if it was just from the massage or from the combination of having the massage yesterday morning after I had done some new Yoga moves the day before. But all in all it was a nice hour relaxing and being massaged.

No comments:

Post a Comment