Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas

As usual Christmas Day came and was over super quick. The kids made out really well with gifts from Santa; they must have all been super nice kids this year (yeah, I don't think so). We told them that we are going to tell Santa that next year he has to restrain himself a bit more.
Shhh, don't tell anyone but I woke up during the night and saw that Santa had come so I took this picture


Once again this year Christmas was at our house and it was really nice. It was a little sad with it being the first Christmas without GG, but I know she was there in spirit. I am hoping that next year the boys will be more aware that Christmas isn't all about getting, getting, getting; but I do remind myself that they are only kids. I just wish they wouldn't expect gifts from everyone that walked through the door that day, lol.
As we have done in the past, before kids, the adults played a game at the end of the day. Uncle Robby and Joan came over and we played Quelf and had a great time. If you have never played the game I highly recommend it and recommend some adult drinks to go along with it :).

It has been a nice week so far as Dave had off Monday and yesterday and will be off Friday. We finally have plans for New Year's Eve (with the kids though). We are going over a friends house where we will celebrate various New Year's at different times during the night. This way the kids can celebrate before they get all tuckered out and doze off. I will be amazed if my kids want to make it to 12:00; I sure know that I will have a difficult time doing that as I am always in bed by 9:30/10:00.

Well I hope that the few of you that read this have a wonderful New Year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment