Tuesday, September 15, 2009

DAK update

Now that Dylan has started kindergarten and we decided not to send Aidan to preschool this year I have decided to work with Aidan at home. So far we are off to a good start with him doing a couple of worksheets a week. Once I am no longer stressed or preoccupied with the whole house situation I will work more with him.
I felt so bad for him when we dropped Dylan off that first day and he asked me when he was going to go to school. It didn't help when Dylan reminded me that he went when he was 3. We chose not to send Aidan because we didn't think it was worth the money. He will definitely be going next year. And he seems to enjoy doing stuff at home with me so we save money and he is happy.

Dylan is loving school, of course it is only the first week but am glad to see him so excited about it. As for me it is taking getting used to getting them out and driving to the school 5 days a week. I think I may need to move my afternoon coffee to the mornings :)

Keira is now 10 1/2 months old and I really need to start planning for her first birthday. It is just so hard with so much other stuff going on. I really don't know how working moms do it all. I think we are going to go with a pumpkin theme since she was born close to Halloween and we nicknamed her "Pumpkin" before she was born.
I have been trying to work with her to get her to stand or walk but she just refuses to lock those knees and stand. She goes rubbery in the legs whenever I try. No big deal really as the boys didn't walk until they were a little over a year old.

1 comment:

  1. i gotta agree with you lauren. i have no idea how working moms do it all. i only work part time and on those days i feel my stress level at its highest. i mean the moms who work and have to drop off their kids at daycare before they go to work... how the heck do they get it all done in the morning AND get the kids ready & out the door? i don't have to drop the kids anywhere and still feel stressed sometimes.

    glad to hear aidan is happy doing stuff at home with you guys. my friend out here kept her son home with her until he was 4yrs old.

    ReplyDelete