Tuesday, September 1, 2009

More on moving back in

I forgot to mention in my previous post another issue I encountered upon moving back in. I noticed the day we moved in that I was missing an entire set of drinking and juice glasses, two good pots, crock pot and a couple pieces of silverware. After a few days I began to realize other stuff had gone missing such as my wok and dutch oven. Now I would think that maybe someone wandered in to the house (since it was kept unlocked all the time) and took the stuff but why would they leave behind my food processor, bread maker and ice cream maker? No, I do believe that the workers took them to either cook in on the job or take home to use. I will be letting the contractor know as soon as we are completely moved in; I would hate to say something now and then discover them in the pack rat.
It just really makes me mad that we were told it was okay to leave all of our kitchen stuff in the house. If things are not found I plan on taking a few hundred dollars out of the final payment to cover the cost of the missing items. Plus some of those things were gifts and could have had sentimental value (they didn't though).

1 comment:

  1. are you kidding me? who takes somebody's else's crock pot? i mean really now! DISGRACE!!! and they took pots, juice glasses... etc, etc.. if i were you i would mention it NOW to the contractor... but add... i am 98% sure i left them in the kitchen but won't know for sure until i check the pack rat.. are you kidding me? i'd be losing it right about now lauren.
    hugs,
    tracy

    ReplyDelete